Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sometimes it's scary . . .

I spent the past 7 or so days feeling terrible. Lightheaded, no appetite, achy body, and on and on and on. I did all the right things; went to the doctor, drank plenty of liquids, ate white rice for days, faithfully took the pills I was given but, instead of getting better, it seemed to get worse.

I think for the very first time in my life I was frightened that this was something bigger than a few pills could fix. I don't where those feelings came from Maybe being on the downslide to 70, maybe living and working with so many elderly people, maybe just because. But worry I did and I was frghtened.

I'm back to my old healthy self again - the pills that were prescribed actually were the culprit. As soon as they were stopped, all became right again. And I'm thinking, maybe the fear was a good thing. I tend to let my days slide away and now I'm finding I savor them just a tad more. Life should not be taken for granted and that is exactly what most of us seem to do. Scary.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, We have been under the weather too. All is on the mend here as well. I slept too much to scared or anything else. 14 to 15 hour at a clip.
    Be good. Love you,
    Froma

    ReplyDelete